The gorgeous east coast of Cyprus certainly boasts some of the very beaches on the island, but it’s not just about lazing by the sandy shores. When it comes to family fun, peel yourselves away from the sun lounger and make your way to one of the most talked about spots in Cyprus: WaterWorld Themed Waterpark. But why do people enjoy it so much? And what’s on offer? We give you the insider lowdown on a place where you can enjoy a mighty splash!
1. It’s one of the biggest themed waterparks in the whole of Europe – an impressive feat to say the least. You can spend the whole day here without getting bored, with more than 25 waterslides and attractions for the whole family to enjoy! From the mighty Serpentine Slides and the Fun Chariot Chase, to The Fall of Icarus and The Quest of Hercules, there is heaps to enjoy!
2. It has won heaps of awards, rated one of the best waterparks in Europe! It was recently rated number 2 among the best waterparks of Europe – ranked by TripAdvisor – and came in at number 14 in the world. That’s not to forget that the park has received 25 International awards of excellence for marketing and innovation from the WWA – World Waterpark Association and IAAPA – International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions in the U.S. WaterWorld also won the Trip Advisor Travellers’ Choice Attractions Award 2014 and The Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence 2015. And it received worldwide acclaim when it was featured by CNN as one of the world’s top 12 waterparks. Popsugar has also rated it as one of the ‘5 Wildest Waterparks around the World’ and the list goes on!
3. There’s new fun to be had this year with ‘Thunderbolt and Lightning’ slide. With great twists and turns, you’ll whizz down the slide with phenomenal speed. Fantastic for thrill seekers, steep drops are to be expected!
4. You’ll burn calories! Yes, that’s right. After all, you’re dashing about, up the stairs to get onto the rides, burning calories as you work up a sweat and feel that adrenaline pump through your body whilst getting a spectacular tan…and you’ll have a great time too.
5. Not just about wild fun under the sun, adults can treat themselves to a little pampering session and plenty of downtime. Kick back and enjoy a hydro massage in the Aphrodite’s Baths adult pool with bubble benches, or relax at The River Odyssey – WaterWorld’s Lazy River which meanders around the park amidst crumbling stone pillars, Cyclops the one eyed Polyfimos and the Monster of Scilla. And that’ not to forget sitting back for a pedicure at the fish spa!
6. Curb the hunger pangs with plenty of delights on offer. From quality burgers to home cooked style grub and even sushi, there’s plenty to tuck into.
7. You might even bump into a celebrity or well-known personality. After all, the waterpark has received visits from top names like Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Ray Parlour (Arsenal), A.M. SNIPER, Chris Brown, Tyga and the list goes on.
8. It’s a safe environment for the whole family. With over 100 lifeguards keeping a close watch over the rides, games and pool areas, there is always someone to ensure help is at hand in case of any accident. The water quality is also checked on a daily basis, while the staff are also happy to provide any assistance needed.
9. You can expect all day entertainment steeped in Greek mythology. WaterWorld has introduced an amazing programme of in-house entertainment, including children’s games, dance aerobics and the fabulous Greek-themed acrobatic show! All this, in a setting that has been carefully planned over the years, with the whole park filled with Greek columns, fountains, plazas and statues of all the Greek Gods.
10. WaterWorld cares about creating a better world and really takes the environment into consideration by providing recycle bins, while using solar energy to conserve electricity, as well as utilising water recycling/purifying systems.
For more information on everything that the WaterWorld Waterpark has to offer, visit www.waterworldwaterpark.com for all the latest information.
This article is a My Cyprus Insider sponsored story.