World-famous pop music superstar, Celine Dion, caused an absolute viral frenzy on social media about a month ago, when a picture circulated saying: “See you soon Cyprus! Love, Celine”. Ecstatic fans shared the photo far and wide, and the thrilling news has officially been confirmed: Celine Dion is going to be performing in Cyprus for the very first time this coming summer.
Arriving on the island as part of her Courage World Tour, the sensational singer will be dazzling fans at the GSP stadium in Nicosia on August 2nd 2020, in a concert extravaganza promoted by Moonlight Show Productions and produced by Concerts West/AEG Presents.
Photo: Brian Purnell
One of the most immediately recognized and widely respected superstars in pop music history, her Courage tour recently kicked off on September 18 in Québec City, marking her first tour in the U.S. in over 10 years. The Courage World Tour, which supports Celine’s first English album in 6 years, will be stopping in nearly 100 cities worldwide, including Nicosia.
Last week, Celine Dion released three new tracks from her highly anticipated upcoming album, also entitled Courage. ‘Imperfections’, ‘Lying Down’, and ‘Courage’, represent an exciting new creative direction for Celine, and fans will have a chance to hear songs from the new album – an eclectic mixture of beautiful ballads and edgy up-tempo tracks – when she appears on stage in Cyprus.
Photo: Sony Music Entertainment
About Celine Dion – did you know?
- The vocal powerhouse is one of the most immediately recognized, widely respected and successful performers in pop music history.
- Celine Dion won numerous awards by the age of 18, dominated the pop charts in 1990s, and has sold almost 250 million albums during her over 35-year career. She has earned five Grammy Awards, two Academy Awards, seven American Music Awards, 20 Juno Awards (Canada) and an astonishing 40 Félix Awards (Quebec).
- She remains one of the most sought-after recording artists, receiving the Diamond award at the 2004 World Music Awards, recognizing her status as the best-selling female artist of all time. In 2016, the Billboard Music Awards presented her with the lifetime achievement Icon Award.
- Celine broke records with her Las Vegas residency at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace, with over 1,100 shows performed to over 4.5 million fans.
- In July 2018, she topped the US Dance Club charts with the remix of her “Ashes” single from the Deadpool 2.
Tickets for the Cyprus show, that will take place on August 2, 2020 at GSP Stadium in Nicosia, will go on sale on Friday, October 18 at 11am local time on celinedioncyprus.soldoutticketbox.com. Exclusive VIP packages will be available.
Cover photo credit: Brian Purnell