News is just in that the most highly anticipated event of the year has been rescheduled for next summer, following the unprecedented circumstances brought on by Covid 19. While superstar Celine Dion had to put her Courage World Tour on hold, it has been announced today that she will be back on the road in 2021!
The Cyprus extravaganza initially planned for August 2nd – promoted by Moonlight Show Productions and produced by Concerts West/AEG Presents – will now be taking place on June 22nd at GSP stadium in Nicosia. Safety permitting, the European leg of the Courage World Tour will kick off on March 19th 2021 in Paris, France, and will go on to play 32 cities across Europe throughout the summer, including Nicosia.
Photo: Brian Purnell
“I had really hoped that we’d be back on stage sometime this year, but nothing is more important than everyone’s health and safety,” said Celine. “The whole world has been going through such difficult times during this pandemic, and my heart goes out to all those who have suffered. I know we’ll eventually get through this together, and we’ll make up for all that lost time. I miss doing our shows….I can’t wait to sing with all of you again. Stay safe everyone…see you soon!”
Tickets purchased for the original 2020 tour dates will still be valid for the rescheduled 2021 dates.
About Celine Dion – did you know?
- The vocal powerhouse is one of the most immediately recognized, widely respected and successful performers in pop music history.
- Celine Dion won numerous awards by the age of 18, dominated the pop charts in 1990s, and has sold almost 250 million albums during her over 35-year career. She has earned five Grammy Awards, two Academy Awards, seven American Music Awards, 20 Juno Awards (Canada) and an astonishing 40 Félix Awards (Quebec).
- She remains one of the most sought-after recording artists, receiving the Diamond award at the 2004 World Music Awards, recognizing her status as the best-selling female artist of all time. In 2016, the Billboard Music Awards presented her with the lifetime achievement Icon Award.
- Celine broke records with her Las Vegas residency at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace, with over 1,100 shows performed to over 4.5 million fans.
- In July 2018, she topped the US Dance Club charts with the remix of her “Ashes” single from the Deadpool 2.
The new date for Cyprus concert is set for June 22nd 2021 at GSP Stadium Nicosia. All tickets issued for the 2020 concert are valid for the new date with the same details and seating. Due to the increased demand expected for 2021 Celine Dion rescheduled concerts, fans that are not ticketholders, are kindly advised to book their tickets as soon as they are available: celinedioncyprus.soldoutticketbox.com
Cover photo: Brian Purnell